Saturday, February 29, 2020

Happy Leap Day!

No pictures today, because yesterday was lots of running around and not much making.  After (finally! successfully!) vacuuming the upstairs half of the house, I took Jazzy with me and did errands.

First was a stop at Michaels, where I turned three pieces of art over to the framing department.  One had slipped off its matting, one was matted and had a frame, but needed backing and glass, and the other was a probably 1860s Godey's illustration that someone had Scotch taped together at some point.  The tape was at the point of shattering, but sadly had left residue where it was holding the pages together.  It's now getting mounted and matted and framed properly (not cheap, but it's going to be my indulgence for the next month).

Next we went to Wilco and looked at the chicks and the blueberry bushes and I got some potting soil for repotting my succulents as well as a seed starting tray and some more seeds.  Though they were all sold out of Early Jalepeno seeds, grr.

Then came the grocery store, where Jazzy got to scan everything and put it in our bags.

And finally we stopped at Dollar Tree so I could get yet more hangers, some potting soil to start seeds, and a few solar powered flowers to mark the end of our driveway at night.

After school, Squiddle had his friend Koltin over for a playdate, and I made Swedish pancakes and sausage for dinner.  An incident occurred which has led to Squiddle not getting video game time or playdates for the next week.

My aunt, uncle, and cousin will be stopping by for a couple hours on Monday.  I'm a little stressed, but mainly it's about fluffing and polishing the house this weekend.  I would also like to finish the Double Irish Chain quilt before they show up....

No comments:

Post a Comment