Monday, February 10, 2020

A Finish, and Quilting Finished

Since we had a rare sunny day yesterday, I asked Wonderful Husband to hold the Disney Star quilt over the railing of our back (south-facing) patio so I could get a good photo before it's given away to Niecelet on Friday.


The quilt is bound in the darkest of the four purples, the one on the upper left.  And there's not much left of it!  And while I'm at it, here are the pair of pillowcases that are going with the quilt, one thrifted, and one made to match:


The pink fabric in the homemade pillowcase isn't in the quilt (I didn't have enough of any of the fabrics for the body of a pillowcase), but the other two fabrics are.  Given that Niecelet loves Elsa, I had to use one of the Frozen fabrics for the band, and I made sure Elsa-and-Anna (and Kristoff-and-Sven) were centered.

And my final accomplishment yesterday was quilting all twenty-four remaining nine-patches in the Orange Nine-Patch quilt:


Please note how much thread is left on the spool.  Not much!  I'll finish it up sewing the binding on.

No comments:

Post a Comment