Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Stuff Done, Little of It Stitching

Ugh.  I did not get much crafty done yesterday.  But I did start tackling the very-necessary pruning of the various blackberry bushes around the property.  Which is sadly complicated by Gig Harbor's policy of no blackberry vines in the yard waste bin.  (From my point of view, once they're dead and desiccated, which is the bit I'm pruning, what is the practical difference between blackberry vines and rosebush branches in the yard waste bin?)  Still, I hacked out some of the dead stuff from the biggest bramble and chopped it into 6" pieces in the trash bin, leaving enough room for our actual trash.

I took the boys to the park for a couple of hours (cold, but tolerable in the sunshine) and finally, finally got caught up on washing and putting away all the pots, pans, baking sheets, dishes, etcetera, in the kitchen.  I also remembered to bring in a couple mason jars to store all the steak knives and other pointy things in, up in a cupboard out of reach of children.  And I planned and made lunch and dinner.

So I did things.  Just, not much sewing.  I got another round of light strips put on the dozen Log Cabin blocks, but not the darks yet.  No pictures, alas.  And I'm percolating a rainbow Chinese Coins design for the baby quilt for my cousin's daughter-to-be, since I have all those 7.5"x2.5" bricks....

No comments:

Post a Comment