Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The Orange and the Black

Wow, this post marks one whole month where I've kept up with blogging every single day!  (Some posts, admittedly, less stellar than others, but life ebbs and flows like that.)

To amuse: over the weekend, for whatever reason the topic of discussion turned to vampires.  Then I stopped, and asked Squiddle if he knew what a vampire was.  His answer: "A vampire is a scary person who lives in a haunted house.  Well, they're not really a person...."  Can't say he's wrong!

Is it Monday that's traditionally for washing?  Because regardless, yesterday I churned through four loads of laundry, filled the dishwasher twice, made dinner for five (Squiddle's friend Koltin came over to play after school), as well as muffins, and sewed the binding to the Orange Nine-Patch quilt.

The work du jour, all trimmed and awaiting its binding:


I ended up not having quite enough of the binding fabric to do my usual 2.5" binding, so I went with a 2" binding, here laid out on the ironing board, looking a bit like zebra stripes:


Now I just need to do twenty-four feet of hand-stitching the binding to the back, correct the label, and it'll be all done.  No problem, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment