Thursday, February 27, 2020

Keep On Quilting On

Yesterday I kept chugging away at the Double Irish Chain quilt.  I finished the blocks I'd drawn the quilting motif on, and had to lay it out on the floor to sketch in the rest:


The colored chains have a simple cross-hatching going on.  Here's the motif I'm free-handing into the white areas:


I also went to quilt guild last night!  It was the meeting of Quilters by the Bay, where we string-pieced 10.5" half-square triangles.  I forgot to grab pictures of my group's blocks!  But we made ten, and altogether the guild churned out forty-nine blocks in a little under an hour.  I also donated some magazines and books to the guild's sewing room sale in May.  Out of my house into someone else's!

And since the guild knows I make mini quilts, the scraps from the strip piecing came home with me:


Oh dear!  Now I need to think of what to make with them.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty quilt! Made more of this quilt with your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Irish chain quilts - so pretty in all your colors! Thanks for linking up to Finished ( or not) Friday!! it is fun to see your quilts!

    ReplyDelete