Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Guild Night!

Last night was the first meeting of West Sound Quilters at their new location, and though I'm not entirely enamored of the long tables setup the Elks Club has going, I think that being in a much larger room made the meeting more enjoyable (for me, at least).  The speaker was a representative from Hoffman Fabrics, who gave us a talk on how batiks are made.

I sat there through the meeting, quietly doing this:


I didn't quite get it finished, but given the binding was a quarter stitched down when I got to the meeting, and three-quarters done by the time I left, I feel that I made good progress.  I showed off that quilt, as well as the Disney Star quilt.

After I finish the binding, this is my next project:


It's the fabric liner for the basket in which I keep Jazzy's diapers.  I plan to hang the basket on the wall, and tried soaking this stain out of the liner, but OxyClean failed me.  So I thought, looks kind of like a storm cloud.  I'll just embroider on a sun and rainbow, which can faintly bee seen in blue wash-out ink on the left, and then it'll be fit to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment